Acting Dream Roles?

nagi-nade posted on Aug 08, 2011 at 11:09PM
What is your absolute favorite role that is your dream role that you HAVE to play one day? Mine would be Reno Sweeney, from "Anything Goes" because I just LOVE her character and her attitude!

Acting 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago phantommusic said…
smile
Christine from The Phantom of the Opera. I don't expect to ever get the role, really, but it would be my dream! :)
over a year ago FunkeLover said…
worried
I luv the Phantom of the Opera ! do u sing opera ? mine is Belle in Beauty and the Beast < & I have an audition this week ! Wish me luck ! > or Ophelia from Hamlet !!!!
over a year ago EllieSparkles said…
oh my gosh its so hard to pick but i would pick Eponine from les mis
over a year ago glelsey said…
Anything Goes is one of the best shows I've been in! I was just chorus, but it was so much fun!

Either Elphaba or Glinda from Wicked. I know, they're very different characters - but both are great parts in their own ways and I want to get as much experience as possible in a wide variety of roles. I don't know which part I'd want more but I'd probably suit Elphaba more, due to my looks and also singing range.

Or the main girl (character is just called "Girl") from Once. I'd have to put on an accent throughout the show, so that'd probably be disastrous. I do play the piano though so that's a plus!

I don't expect to ever be in Wicked or Once though. I'm only an amateur performer and I live too close to the West End for my local group to be allowed to do those shows.

Also Snoopy from You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown. Usually it's a guy that plays that part but I've seen girls play Snoopy too, so you never know!

Another show I'd love to do someday is A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. There's no particular role in it I want, I just want to be in it!
over a year ago TheMusicalMolls said…
Dream Roles:
Elphaba or Nessarose from Wicked
Millie from Thoroughly Modern Millie
Reno Sweeney from Anything Goes
Fiona from Shrek the Musical (even though I hate Shrek the musical!) (can you tell I just love Sutton Foster???)
Basically any part from Once On This Island or Fiddler On The Roof

There are plenty of roles I'd love to do if I were a guy, like Mark Cohen (Rent) or Tevye (Fiddler on The Roof). Sigh.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago booklover35 said…
Belle from Beauty and the Beast
Rizzio from Grease