A Song of Ice and Fire Least favorite characters?

delamico posted on Feb 19, 2012 at 08:26PM
Least favorite characters, or characters you hate, minor or main, whatever you like. It'd also be interesting if you gave a short reason for each.

Mine:
Catelyn Stark - her girlhood thing with Littlefinger, grave stupidity and narrow mind, taking women younger than her for nothing but brood horses.

Cersei Lannister - whore.

Janos Slynt - dickhead.

Eddard Stark - grave stupidity, blind honor, naive like her 11 year old daughter.

The Mountain - Elia.

Mirri Maz Duur - Rhaego.

Littlefinger - treacherous gold loving bastard.

Ser Alliser Thorne - blinded by pride.

Selyse Florent - religious fanatic bitch.

Melisandre - manipulative bitch.

Joffrey - little monkey monster.

And yours?

A Song of Ice and Fire 27 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Barbara_War said…
Theon - betrayer
Ramsay - murderer
Leech Lord - bastard son of a bitch
Lord Walder Frey - overprideful murderer prick
Sansa - naive stupid little creature
Joffrey - psycho kid
Mirri Maz Duur - baby killer witch
The Mountain - baby killer
Janos Slynt - blind fool
Allister Thorne - envious little bastard
Margaery Tyrell - no specific reason,
I just don't like her
The Goat - idiotic sadist
Zollo - go cut off your own hand, damn!
I think that's it, but I'm probably forgeting someone.
AudreyFreak commented…
Sansa is so far out of your league intellectually and morally lol over a year ago
over a year ago Sylarfan said…
Penny the Dwarf- So Annoying
SweetRobin- Cant wait for him to die
Every Meereen citizen except The Shavepate
Armory Lorch- He is evil and monstrous and isnt an Epic Badass like The Mountain
I used to hate Lysa, but her craziness has grown on me!
over a year ago delamico said…
@Barbara, yes, god, Ramsay is a dickhead too.
@Sylarfan, Ser Sweetrobin? tsk-tsk. I so understand you. I don't wish for him to die, I only wish someone stood and slapped him up to teach some discipline.
over a year ago Kaleese619 said…
kiss
I Love The Least Fav take on the characters. delamico dear you come up with the juciest little things to do! OOOoooh let's see?

Number one is Cat Stark... Hypocritical, Heartless Bitch

Roose Bolton...Slimey, Sneeky, Bastard

Queen Cercei ...Emasculating, Brother boinking, Cousin Diddling, Murderous Bitch

A. Thorne.... Pretentious, Power hungry Asswipe

Janos ... Ignoramous, Ass, A Waste of skin

Sansa....Vapid, Stupid, Gullable, Reason her daddy is dead, Little Snot!

Lord Tywin... Unscrupulous, Gold-loving, Godless, Hypocritical, Coldhearted Dog

Lord Frey..... Old, Letcherous, Child Humpping, Back Stabbing, Guest Murdering, Bugger Eater!

King Robert... What can I say??? I mean look at him. He was the start of the Starks end. FAT BASTARD?

King Joff... Sociopathic, cat killing, Pantywaisted, Girly-Boy

Ramsay ... Satan in the flesh!

LittleDinker....Oh I mean Littlefinger :) Hate em! Dishonorable, Backstabbing, Corrupt little Lick Split

Stannis ... Weak, Ignorant Bastard

Stannis' Bitch Wife... Can'f think of the Queens name but she' a pompas Bitch Whore

Melisandra ... Fireloving, Baby burning, Demonic Cunt

The Goat... Lisping, Psycho Prick

The Mountain ... Gargantuan Sadistic Abomination! For burning his brother-killing
children- and over all just being!

Lady Lysa ... Crazy, Crazy, Crazy, CRRAAAZZY Hoe!!!
last edited over a year ago
AudreyFreak commented…
It's ok, over a year ago
AudreyFreak commented…
Just say you have horrible taste and hate women, buddy. over a year ago
over a year ago sunniva84 said…
I have to agree with you Sylarfan. At first I hated Lysa too, but now I started to perceive her as fun character. I still dislike Robert Baratheon though. I really don't get why Cat and Sansa are so disliked. Sure they made some mistakes but that only makes them more human. They did some great things and had amazing scenes and I like them both.
kiss
Okay sunniva84, I can agree that Cat has done some good things here and there but overall the bad far out number the good. It is because of Cat that Ned didn't leave Kingslanding. If she had not taken The Imp, Jamie would not have attacked Ned and killed his men. When he was injured and his men dead, everything was thrown off. I dont hate her so much as have no sympathy for her. But Sansa????? Name one good thing she has done.
AudreyFreak commented…
No??? Ned made his own choices. And it's not her fault Tyrion saw her or Jaime is a psycho. Way to blame women for men being garbage. And sure, I'll name several: saved Dontos, stood up to Joffrey several times, comforted Sandor and Robert, tried to warn Margaery and risked her life, pleaded for Ned's life. Name me one crime she's done over a year ago
I like the characters in ASOIAF as long as they are interesting. Most of them are. What I love about this series is that Martin creates 'grey' characters,they are not completely pure or evil, but conflicted, flawed, capable of both good and bad. Cat is one of these characters.She makes mistakes but she truly loves her family. I don't blame her for Ned's death-that contituted of many factors. And I can relate to her growing pain, guilt and lonliness. Her death and transformation into Lady Stoneheart is sad but interesting development of her character. I find her a deeply tragic figure.
As for Sansa I like her too. She's not a fighter, the way her sister is(I love the fact Arya and Sansa are so different)but I feel she's growing up as the series goes and I enjoy reading her chapters.I think her delicacy and meekness add to the story because most of female characters are so strong. Nevertheless I think she carried herself with dignity during many ordeals, like attack on King's Landing,wedding to the Tyrion or watching her father's head on spike. I love her connection to the Hound and beautiful scene at Eyrie where she was building winterfell out of snow.
As with most things, "To Each His Own". Make no mistake in that I know it is the melting pot of unique characters with their various trats and personalities that make the story as a whole so interesting. The things that mak Sansa less endearing in all of her meekness is the stupidity of her lack of loyalty to both her sister and her father. Joffrey stood over Arya, blade inches from her and would have no doubt killed her and Sansa did nothing...she even blamed Arya when her wolf saved her. As for the dignity she showed in looking at her father's head on display...she helped to place it
there by going to the queen with Neds plans to leave... Cersei made a comment about 'taking care of this thanks to our little dove'. I'm sure looking at the head helped to remind her of that little tid- bit. The ruthlessnes of these people had been made plain to her, Joff attacking Mica, Joff attempting to kill Arya, the killing of the butcher's son, and killing of her wolf ( who was innocent in all that mess). You don't turn on family...this was something engrained in the Stark children because the Tulley words are, "Family - Duty - Honor" She did not uphold that code but rather latched onto a vapid girls desire to be a "Princess", regardless of the consequences.
I do agree that GRRM is developing the character into something more than just that shallow creature who never once asked about the whereabouts of her sister... I mean after all the carnage and beheading and what not.
As with most things, "To Each His Own". Make no mistake in that I know it is the melting pot of unique characters with their various trats and personalities that make the story as a whole so interesting. The things that mak Sansa less endearing in all of her meekness is the stupidity of her lack of loyalty to both her sister and her father. Joffrey stood over Arya, blade inches from her and would have no doubt killed her and Sansa did nothing...she even blamed Arya when her wolf saved her. As for the dignity she showed in looking at her father's head on display...she helped to place it
there by going to the queen with Neds plans to leave... Cersei made a comment about 'taking care of this thanks to our little dove'. I'm sure looking at the head helped to remind her of that little tid- bit. The ruthlessnes of these people had been made plain to her, Joff attacking Mica, Joff attempting to kill Arya, the killing of the butcher's son, and killing of her wolf ( who was innocent in all that mess). You don't turn on family...this was something engrained in the Stark children because the Tulley words are, "Family - Duty - Honor" She did not uphold that code but rather latched onto a vapid girls desire to be a "Princess", regardless of the consequences.
I do agree that GRRM is developing the character into something more than just that shallow creature who never once asked about the whereabouts of her sister... I mean after all the carnage and beheading and what not. Never the less she servs a purpose in the grand sceme. I do so like a person with valid viewpoints. It has been interesting conversing with thee.
I'm happy to exchange opinions with you Kaleese619 as I respect your point of view, even if mine is a little different. But how boring would it be if we, fans, agreed all the time :)
I have a soft spot for Sansa, she is not my favourite character,but I think she is getting more and more interesting. I keep in mind her being so young and inexperienced at the beginning of the series and can understand her naivety. Her main fault was to be so eager to live in a fairytale that she saw what she wanted to see. At her age I was a rebelious daydreamer too, although not perhaps that delusional. I think her rejection of her own family and fascination of glamorous queen, beautiful prince and splendor of the palace, tournaments etc are very teenage-like. I perceive her story as inevitable and painful process of growing up. I think she is changing from a silly teenager into a woman. The fact she built Winterfell in the Eyrie may signify that she realised where the true values lie.
I share some of both your points, sunniva and kaleese.
I agree with sunniva, that Sansa is starting to grow up, starting to take responsibility which proves in the Eyrie where she takes care of Lysa's son and practically runs the household for Littlefinger. Her emotions show when she builds Winterfell from snow.
HOWEVER I agree with Kaleese that no matter how Sansa's homecoming was an inevitable and painful process of growing up, in a world like Westeros (say, Middle-Ages) one could simply NOT afford being so stupid and so blind. Everybody grew up in a painful way, Arya, Robb, Jon, Daenerys. But their growing up - contrary to Sansa's - did not put their own family members in mortal peril (Arya, Ned). Sansa was blind even AFTER the damage was done. The scenes that pissed me off most were those after talking with Cersei in the end of GoT. That she forgot to ask about Arya and never cared, that her BEST FRIEND disappeared and all she said was, Okay, no one's wailing now...
I cannot tell you ladies how nice it is to be responded to. I am rather new to the books and found myself in love with no one to appreciate all my new found friends within the Game. I came upon this club accessing info about a possible timeline for book six.
I want to say to Sunniva that I can see the growth in Sansa especially where little Robert is concerned. I think GRRM is bringing her on the road to redemption of a sort. In the premier you can see that she is learning to play the game of thrones with cunning as she tricked Joff into sparing the knight's life (was it Dontos?) instead making him a fool.
Big Ups to delamico your comments were much appreciated and very on the money. Politics should be more like this club. With open, honest, intellegent pro and con dialog, they might solve the problem of the national debt, :-) PLAY ON LADIES...PLAY ON
Thanks a million for your kindness :) I'm just finishing book 5, so I myself am rather new to the whole thing and I find myself loving to talk about the books, the show and especially the characters. Back to Sansa: all I hope is that Littlefinger won't bed her. That would be kind of a big slap from life for her. Though I really don't like the interaction of the two, I hate that Sansa is around Littlefinger and I'd love to see the end of it this way or the other. Same for Arya. I really don't like the road she's walking, either there'll be some twist, or GRRM is more genius than I thought so, but the House of Black and White gives me the creeps. I literally feel uneasy and when reading it. The way you feel when walking the forest and knowing that some shadow is lurking around you. Brrr.
Littledinker...the Master of Whores...common now, of coutse he's gonna bed her and make her believe she owes it to him. He more than likely will call her "Cat" while in the throws of passion or pretend to be drunk or some such nonsense....."Oh I'm so sorry Sansa. Did I violate you? Gods cast me into the blackest whole in the seven hells!! How could I ever do such against you? Mayhaps...it is because you look so like your dear sweet mother whom I loved. (boo hoo.. sniff sniff) Can you ever forgive me? I'm lonely and my bed is cold since I murdered my wife in order to save you. Now the Lords of the Erie want my head...I'm so alone...all I have is you... Hold me." There that sounds about right to me. Balish is a dog no two ways about it he'll molest her for sure, it think it has been what he planned on from the first. And the house of Black and White....oooooohh! Don't get me started. Creepy is not the word for it. I know the reason Arya wanted to learn their ways is to allow her the power to change her face, learn to lie without being caught, fight, and blend in, all of this so she can avenge her family. I just hope it doesn't drag on and on. It is my supreme hope that GRRM doesn't forget all these little threads that he has dangling. It would be so upsetting if these strings were not tied together...Jon knowing Rob legitimized him, making him a Stark, Danny finding her nephew, Jon knowing his true parentage, and some other stuff I won't speak of because you are just getting started on book five...don' t want to spoil it Hit me back when you finish so we can dish over the unexpected and thrilling events therein. TTFN
No, I wasn't starting. I just finished it two hours ago, so here we are. Anyway, Baelish already molests Sansa, all these "Come here Alayne, kiss your father!" YUCK. That's so pedo with a hint of incest and Sansa KISSES him. YUCK. Littlefinger makes me sick. As for Arya... she CAN blend in (she stood face too face with Roose Bolton without ever being caught), she CAN fight, she CAN lie. But they are making someone very different from her real self. And what's this business now with Jaime and Brienne... the Hound has Sansa, that's nonsense. Sansa was in the Eyrie and the Hound dying. I know he never died, I'm not that naive, but still, that's odd... And JON goodness the Night's Watch is blind and ungrateful and stupid and treacherous SCUM. Jon did great as Lord Commander. He's the third best leader in the series (after Prince Rhaegar and Lord Tywin), he's as good as Jaime and Mance. And that scum! They killed Mormont and Jon now... I know he won't die, I'm sure of that, but until such time as he recovers, I hope Tormund and the free folk will fuck those bastards up in the arse and feed them to the Others while Mormont's raven picks out their treacherous blind eyes. What I don't see is what's with that 100 men Cersei sent to the Wall to pretend they'd help and dispose of Jon Snow? They never arrived... And Qyburn, that man is a freak. I mean this Sir Robert Someone (who won't sleep, or speak or shit or eat) that's the Mountain, isn't he? In some queer disgusting way remade by Qyburn. Well, after 5 books, all I can say is Westeros badly needs those bloody dragons to burn their arses back to sense. What are they without the Targaryens? Bleeding scum. And all hail to Varys. I love that guy.
All hail indeed. Varis is the man and he is true to his word...he serves the realm. Yes you are quite right Sir Robert is the Mountain. Remember when Cercei gave him to Qyburn after they discovered he was poisoned by the Red Viper during the fight. Well she allowed Qyburn to use him as a science project. Now I don't know if the Hound is alive because the priest said he found him dying and burried him using his dog faced helm as a marker and thats when Biter and his pals found and took it. If he comes back I'll be surprised. The reason they kept thinking that Sansa was with the Hound is because everyone assumed Arya was dead. When news came that The Hound had the Stark girl folks naturally thought it was Sansa since they both left Kingslanding about the same time. I felt sorry for the Hound he was not an altogether bad person...he had a lot of good in him and he saved Sansa's ass more than a few times. If he is still alive he will be the only one to stop Sir Robert. He would make a good addition to the Watch since all past sins are forgiven once you take the black. What do you think? And you are right they would change Arya if she allowed them to but she is stronger than the people in The House Of Black and White know. She gives in just enough to stay and get what she needs but she held on to Needleand that connects her to her life as Arya Stark. Jon...MY JON...I love that young boy!! He is a great leader, they all would have been dead long before Stanis arrived if not for Jon. I was so shocked when the first blow came and more so when he was stabbed in the belly. I was here saying, "Somebody help him", and my sister said... help who?...Who you talking to? I was so caught up in it. I believe the Wildlings are going to have to save Jon...whats his name...Turmond?? He really likes Jon a lot. NOPE ...No way Jon dies, he is the Hero...He will overcome all. You said it best let the dragons come burn their arses. (Dude... that was the funniest thing I have read in a long time when I read your tirade about all the arses LMAO)
Ah, yes, that makes sense. That Sansa is thought to be with the Hound because they mistake her for Arya. Anyway with the Red Viper dead (rest in peace) and Doran Martell sick the only one who is left to finish off the Mountain is the Hound. So I think he still lives... or hope so. And I agree with you about Arya and Needle. As long as she keeps to Needle she won't be lost, though the servants of the many faced god still gives me an uneasy chill. I really hope Tormund will avenge Jon and there's also Bran who's quite lost for the time being, but I believe he'll have a role in keeping back the Others. Also Daenerys's dragons must arrive soon so Jon can sit on the Wall waiting for the Others on dragonback - given that we admit to the common belief that he's Rhaegar's son. What do you think about that stuff, by the way? Back to Jon's death, the whole scene deadly reminded me of Julius Caesar's death, it was great, but really shocking and sorrowful, just as old Mormont's death. Bad enough they hurt Jon who's a great Lord Commander, and worse, who will go and save Mance Rayder from becoming Reek the third of his name now? I hope someone will flay Ramsay's arse and feed it to his dogs. Or the goats. Whichever. Tyrion, by the way, goodness, I hope he won't get together with Penny...
You are so right the whole scene with that assasination of Jon is so Ides Of March...broke my heat but it had to be done for Jon to fulfill his true purpose, Remember where it was said that," The boy has to die before the man can live"? When Jon gets to his feet again he' ll be more man than The Black Brothers can stand. (Can I get an Amen on that my sister?)
He'll pluck them stupid Crows! An yes if GRRM is any kind of writer, and he is, he will have Jon be the son of the Dragon Prince Rhaegar... that is just the best scenario hands down!, And don't you worry old Ramsey The Bastard will get his. I hope Theon gets a chance to hack off a chunk of that arse and hand feed it to the dogs. As much as I hated all that he did at Winterfell I cannot help but feel sorrow for old Theon. How about you? Penny and Tyrion... I don't think so...I mean Penny wants it but not Tyrion he feels more sorry than not for her. He got a bad deal in all this. And what about Bree riding off with Jamie? I mean she cannot mean to betray him like that... Just hand him over to the now derranged undead Lady Stark...common now!! If this man takes five years to finishbthe next book I'll kill him :-)
I hope that Jon will decorate the Wall with the heads of those bloody crows on spikes when he recovers and he'll put the free folk in defense of the Wall. They'll make a MUCH better company than the current black-treacherous-bastard-brothers. They have honor, they have a sense of judgment and they KNOW things. None of them would have ever tried to raise a knife against Mance Rayder. I agree with you on Theon. He did deserve a good hard lesson after Winterfell and betraying Robb, but this was too hard, what Ramsay did to him. But my poor sweet darling Jeyne Poole never did any harm to anyone. And yet, Littlefinger dragged her off to a whorehouse, flogged and trained her only to hand her to a brutal perverted madman like Ramsay. And I don't think Brienne wants to hand over Jaime. I think she has a plan. She's in love with Jaime and sees that Stoneheart is a psycho, she'd never give him up to her. As for GRRM, I can only agree again. I don't know what I'll do if we must wait 5 years for the next book. At times I fear he'll die before he finishes the series. In that case I'll have him restored to life by Thoros, Qyburn, Melisandre, and whoever deals with such only to kill him as many times as I have the chance. Once he'll burn (for Dany), once he'll freeze (for Jon), once he'll be drowned (for the ironmen), once he'll get grey death (for the griffs, young and old), once he'll lose a nose, a hand, some skin and legs (for Tyrion, Jaime, Theon and Jeyne and Bran) and whoa... I read to much torture and execution :+D No. I'm optimistic. He'll finish the next book in maximum two years and the last in another three.
Two years...from your fingertips to God's ears. I feel bad for Jeyne, her fate was in ways worse than Theon. Can you imagine the perversion she had to endure? I look back on those days and shiver. To be no more than chattle to do with as men would, to have no say in your future was just sad. And to have your lot in life dictated by the luck of birth..high born, low born, base born... it's too much. I have a friend whose family is from India and was saying this same thing to her and she confided that her marriage is all arranged because that is the way of her family in keeping to culture. I was surprised but said nothing negetive...it was not my place. I felt she should have a say though. Anyway...I digress... I hope Thon gets recognition for helping Jeyne...oh I better hope Stanis takes him down from hanging against that wall first. :-)
I know Brienne is in love with Jamie just as he feels a connection to her...he doesn't understand it nor will he admit what it is for truth, but he cares for her deeply. That whole thing is sad...his hand lopped off, her face eaten by Biter...
Someting good needs to happen for them. I hope you are right about her having a plan. I know they both have a lot more to offer.
And yes!! You have that torture thing down to a science. You get revenge in a mariad of ways, fire, ice, severed limbs and the dreaded flaying...ouch :-)
Two years...from your fingertips to God's ears. I feel bad for Jeyne, her fate was in ways worse than Theon. Can you imagine the perversion she had to endure? I look back on those days and shiver. To be no more than chattle to do with as men would, to have no say in your future was just sad. And to have your lot in life dictated by the luck of birth..high born, low born, base born... it's too much. I have a friend whose family is from India and was saying this same thing to her and she confided that her marriage is all arranged because that is the way of her family in keeping to culture. I was surprised but said nothing negetive...it was not my place. I felt she should have a say though. Anyway...I digress... I hope Thon gets recognition for helping Jeyne...oh I better hope Stanis takes him down from hanging against that wall first. :-)
I know Brienne is in love with Jamie just as he feels a connection to her...he
doesn't understand it nor will he admit what it is for truth, but he cares for her deeply. That whole thing is sad...his hand lopped off, her face eaten by Biter...
Someting good needs to happen for them. I hope you are right about her having a plan. I know
they both have a lot more to offer.

And yes!! You have that torture thing down to a science. Everyone ever wronged has a form of death in honor of them, fire, ice, severed limbs, drowning and the dreaded flaying...ouch :-)
I hope you are right about the time frame for the next set of books.
over a year ago Blackfish said…
Joffrey - Moest hateable
Little Rober Ayers - sniveling little idiot
Lisa - Crazy!
All of House Frey - I say kill them all
Cersie - Stupid, ego-centric
The Mountain - But I like the Hound

It's funny no one is truly good
over a year ago D_J267 said…
Joffrey - Sociopath

The Mountain - Barbaric

Ramsay Bolton - Pure Evil

Cersei - Cruel and Vindictive

Catelyn - Brainless and Conceited

Littlefinger - Judas and Corrupt

Lysa - Deranged and Bitter

Walder Frey - Dishonourable and Vengeful

Theon Greyjoy - Foolish Traitor

kiss
You're right Blackfish... and I like The Hound too.I hope by some miricle that he is not truely dead.
over a year ago Astradyne said…
Cat - boring, close-minded hypocrite

Ramsey Bolton - sadistic, deformed dickhead

Gregor Clegane - stupid, disgusting murderer and rapist

Littlefinger - what a prick

I used to hate Theon, but meantime I pity him.
Ned was kinda stupid in his honorable sense, but I don't hate him
over a year ago AudreyFreak said…
Ah, I love the fresh stench of misogyny on a bright afternoon. I love how a grieving mother (who was 200% right about everything btw), a sheltered little girl and a traumatized woman are hated more than actual murderers, rapists, and criminals. Y'all are so cringy. Sansa and Cat are better than your faves.

Arya- Mary Sue, and a spoiled brat who blames her sister for everything, wasted her three deaths on nobodies.

Tyrion- rapist, child molester, misogynist, classist murderer. No idea why people think he's so swell.

Dany- actually I do like her for but she's turning into a horrible person. Tortured innocent children and crucified the Masters without finding out which were guilty.

The Freys (most)- betrayed Cat and Robb, have no honor at all.

Drogo- vile rapist, pedophile, slaver.

And I don't hate Ned but i also don't forgive how he plays favorites with his children, neglected send abandoned Sansa to the vipers of King's Landing, made Jon's life harder and publicly humiliated and hurt his wife.
AdelitaI commented…
I don't hate Sansa and Cat and I agree that people a often too harsh on Sansa. But I do hate Cersei though. She is my second least favorite character( with her father being my absolute least favorite one). over a year ago